Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information via our website, we will treat that information in accordance with this Policy, and current UK Data Protection legislation which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force in May 2018, and regulations on privacy and electronic communications and surveillance.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By using our website and any services we offer via our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation, 39 Leswin Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NX. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 020 7923 3536.
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation
Hackney Caribbean Elders is a community organisation committed to providing the best support to elders. It is a registered charity (number 10576063) and company limited by guarantee (number 3218456). The registered address is 39 Leswin Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NX.
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about the vital work we do for older people, our activities and services. By submitting your email, address and phone number(s) on our website, you are agreeing to being contacted in these ways by Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation.
a) Personal data is any information related to someone, that can be used to directly or indirectly identify that person. It can be anything from a name, postal address and telephone number(s), an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or even a computer IP address. Identifiable individuals include employees, applicants for employment, trustees, volunteers, members, service users, and members of the public.
The way we handle, and process data will be affected by the GDPR regulations. The GDPR requirements include:
- Unambiguous or explicit consent, which may be service-specific
- Consent that can be withdrawn as easily as given
- Right to view all data
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to data in a readable format
- HCEO needs to gather and use certain information about individuals to monitor performance and achievements and comply with contractual and statutory requirements. HCEO may also be required to share certain information for the protection of individuals or to comply with statutory enactments or the lawful requirements of statutory bodies.
- It is also necessary to process information so that staff can be recruited and paid, activities organised and legal obligations to funding bodies and government fulfilled.
The policy objectives
HCEO is committed to complying with relevant provisions governing data protection and confidentiality. Due consideration will be given to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GPPR) and other legislation addressing confidentiality.
This data protection policy ensures that HCEO:
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, service users, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of data breach.
- HCEO also recognises that there may be circumstances in which information may need to be shared with relevant parties in accordance with relevant contractual agreements and/or legislative provisions. Confidential information provided by clients will not be shared with external parties without the explicit agreement of the client unless disclosure is required because of a legislative enactment or contractual or legal requirement.
- If any issues that impact on confidentiality arise, the matter will be raised in confidence with the client.
- HCEO is committed to abiding by the data protection principles and to respecting the rights of individuals.
- The purpose of this policy is to protect individuals from the unauthorised and unreasonable use or disclosure of information about themselves.
- HCEO is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals.
- HCEO will not gather or process personal data without good reason.
- HCEO will aim to ensure that individuals are clear why HCEO is gathering or processing their personal data.
- HCEO will seek consent where necessary in relation to processing personal data and allow the individual to have access to that information.
- HCEO will not share personal information with third parties, or only with explicit consent, if required or justified.
- HCEO will seek to ensure that its consultants, trainers and others commissioned to work for HCEO act in accordance with the provisions of this policy and associated provisions.
3. Information held and individual rights
- The information held by HCEO may include an individual’s name, postal, e-mail and other addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, subscription details, organisational roles and membership status. It may also include personal information about individuals that may be deemed to be sensitive (e.g. information on a person’s health, disabilities or other matters).
- All employees, trustees, volunteers, members, clients and other members of the public have the right to know:
- what information HCEO holds and processes about them and why;
- how to gain access to it;
- how to keep it up to date;
- what HCEO is doing to comply with its obligations under the Act.
If you do not wish to continue receiving information from us or carefully selected third parties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, to make a donation or if you register to receive our newsletter.
- What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
- How your information is used?
We may use your information to:
- process a donation that you have made
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- improve our services or marketing purposes;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals and other fundraising activities,
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
- Who has access to your information?
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our supporters, customers and members. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation is the sole owner of the information collected on this website.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure online donation pages, your donation is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us on email@example.com
- How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation, 39 Leswin Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NX. Alternatively, you can telephone 020 7923 3536.
- Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Stipulations regarding use of the discussion boards
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including, but not limited to, any data, questions, comments, suggestions, reviews, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. When entering the discussion forum, you agree not to publish, post, disseminate distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information.
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation will not be responsible for the posting by any user of any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful material. Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation has the right to remove (and will remove) any material or posting you make on this website at its discretion.
- Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
For more information about the different types of cookie, visit the About Cookies website.
- Links to other websites
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site. In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation, 39 Leswin Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NX. Alternatively, you can telephone 020 7923 3536.
Last edited on 3 October 2017